Creatures of the night

fellers

Hey folks. I am looking around trying to find some reef safe creatures that come out at night. Kind of get bored watching amphipods. What are some cool things that I can put there that are active at night. My emerald crab comes but big wooo, lol

BigJay

coral banded shrimp are only active at night. Just be forewarned they can get quite big and sometimes an attitude comes with it. A lot of species of snail are active at night. Although I wouldn't suggest putting any in your tank , a lot of the nudibranchs are out at night. Corals usually actively feed at night , so if you like to mess with the tank when the lights are out its a good time to feed the corals.

fellers

anything interesting that is a night creature. Don't find much fun in watching snails and shrimp ya know, lol

BigJay

anything interesting that is a night creature. Don't find much fun in watching snails and shrimp ya know, lol

I dunno. the moonlight period is when I really get down to the nitty gritty of looking my tank over. It's when I examine all the rocks and check how corals are doing. It's when my clean up crew is active and i get a chance to check on the pod population. I probably wouldn't purchase something overly active that was purely nocturnal. To each their own I reckon.

fellers

I dunno. the moonlight period is when I really get down to the nitty gritty of looking my tank over. It's when I examine all the rocks and check how corals are doing. It's when my clean up crew is active and i get a chance to check on the pod population. I probably wouldn't purchase something overly active that was purely nocturnal. To each their own I reckon.

Roger that. That is pretty much what I do myself BigJay.
Also you think uopu could blow me one of the small pod houses you can make. I could really use one in my tank. I have a great population because I replenish it often. Mandarin goes to town! With your pod house they will have a better safe haven and maybe reproduce.