Cpr backpack skimmer questions???

So my other skimmer and a bad run in with my pitbull and new one is 3 weeks out so all I have to use is this cpr backpack unit...which I really dont like but any tips to use it. I feel like all its doing is throwing millions of micro bubbles in my tank and making it ugly. And I keep adjusting it but sell can't grt it set right. I even trashed stock air valve and got a very nice one and I junked maxi jet 1200 and I'm using 1800.. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advanced again

glampka

If it's new or recently cleaned it takes a few days for it to "break in". MJ1800 may also be giving you too much flow & forcing the bubbles into the tank.

I put mj1800 on it because with the 1200 I wasnt getting enough adjustment it was this huge blast of bubbles or none and I feel like I have alot more adjustment with the 1800.... Also alot of people that work at my lfs have said they lije it much,better with mj1800 but I also did do a verubtherough cleaning when I put it bavk on my tank because it has nasties caked all over it