corals that doesnt need light

aminyassien

hi everybody

i have a question it may dump one

what kind of corals that does not need special requirement of light ?????

if so will you please inform me

thanks in advance
Amin

ChrisOaty

dendrophylia and belanophylia...they are both no photosynthetic corals...which means they must be fed. i've gotten my dendro colony happy enough to come out during the day...it seems to know now that it gets fed only during the day. The belano i cannot get to stay fully out during the day but looks awesome at night.

DaveK

Getting back to the original question, are you looking for corals as mentioned in the previous two posts that are non-photosynthetic, and require no light at all?

Or are you looking for corals that can live under moderate light?

Kep in mind that non-photosynthetic, as pointed out, much be fed, and as somewhat difficult to keep.

rgfast

my chille coral hates light an my sun corals do well as long as they are in shaded area

yvr

It is important to remember that because the corals are non photosythetic, you will have to feed them adequatley with an appropriate food. I have 4 gorgonians and a carnation coral in my tank, all of which I have had for at least 3 years. I keep my corals well fed and feed 3 times per week alternating with live baby brine shrimp, frozen cyclops, Tropic Marin Pro-Coral Phyton and TM Pro-Coral Zooton.

essmaker

PREMIUM
I have a book called "Corals: A Quick Reference Guide" by J Sprung.

It lists lighting needs, flow needs, aggresiveness and hardiness for hundreds of corals. Check it out.

Though, some corals can't read which makes the book a guide rather than the bible. :)

BLAKEJOHN

Just about any soft coral which would include, zoanthids, leathers, yellow polyps, button polyps, GSP (Green Star Polyps), mushrooms, ricordia mushrooms, and so on and so forth...