Coralline Algae Help!!!!!!!!

Bruce

well i also think it just takes time, when my tank hit the 1.5 year mark i started getting coraline like crazy...if i want more i just dont clean the front glass for 2 weeks and then i cant see anything cuz the coraline algae is there then i scrap it off and the water is pink then it grows everwhere! mhuahhahahahhaha

tmc

misbehavior said:
I have white matter growing on my LR. Is this coralline algea or something else?

i had this too and was told that it was a sponge. maybe this is the same thing hope this is some help.
tmc

FFMedic

I wasn't satisfied with the coraline growth within my tank (the rate it was growing), and wanted more of the flourecent green you were speaking of...Had plenty of pink and purple...My LFS suggested adding "Coral-Vital" (a Marc Weiss product)...within two weeks I could see significant coraline growth...and it escalated from there. I have since cut back on the amounts that I use... Maybe once a month now. But the coralline is astounding. Also my coral seem to be musch more vivid in color. I'm not a big fan of too many additives but this stuff really surprised me.

Sounds like a nice setup....I'd (we'd) love to see some pics :turntable