coralife mini aqualight t5 (It's only 11 inches!!!)

BigJay

looks like a great light. We'll have to wait and see if anyone else will manufacturer bulbs of that size. Typically in the nano range of lights that coralife produces they are the only bulb manufacturers, which is a huge negative since coralife bulbs are well.... not great. I'd like to see some shots of the underside of the fixture but honestly in pico tanks or really small fuges it shouldn't be a huge factor, unless the space the lights about the same distance a normal PC light would have then it would be nothing more then basically rebranding a PC to ride the T5 craze. just food for thought.

Reddog170

It looks like a much better way to light it. But as been said already the bulbs will present the biggest problem. Who will make them? Shaun

JT101

I recently bought one of these to put over the middle compartment (fuge part) of an Aqueon ProFlex Model 3.

Unfortunately, "a little bird" just told me that it's way underpowered. It's only 12W, but I don't know what I really need.

I LOVE the fit/form of the thing, it fits PERFECTLY over the acrylic window of the sump fuge window, too bad it doesn't have enough "oomph".

Any suggestions on what would be a stronger light with a similar footprint?

jrhaughey

It looks like a replacement for the PC version they have/had. I have one of those. This uses the same extruded alumimum for the housing and the end-caps also look the same. From the way the back lamp is located and the blanked off area, my guess is thats what they had to do to get the ballasts in the housing. I'm sure you can remote mount the ballasts to get more coverage from the back lamp.