Coral question.. and a mystery?

ChrisJan

First, we have this beautiful green coral. We have had it about a month and it has been doing wonderful. Opened up everyday, polyps out...Past 4 days nothing, just stays closed up. We have a fan blowing right over it and all levels in tank are stable. Color has not changed.
About 3 weeks ago we purchased a nemo and anemone, the anemone was seeming do do fine for 24hrs, then woke up next morning and all the "arms" were gone. Just the center disc was in the tank. We only have 2 pepermint shrimp, Nemo, one hawk fish a bandid coral shrimp and the coral in the tank atm. What happned to it? Leveles were normal.

Coral.png

Last edited:

die4lulu

In my Experience, i had two peppermint shrimp once and as soon as i put my new condy anemone in the tank, the two shrimp started to eat the anemone right away... so my guess is the same thing happened to you, the shrimp got to them.
as for the green coral, do u know what kind of coral it is?

ChrisJan

It is a Wellsophilia to be exact...Thanks internet! Its difficult sometimes to find what we have since our local aquarium store doesnt speak english, as we are currently in Japan...

ChrisJan

Any chance of saving it? Still not opening up all the way, opens a little , still has some polyps come out, but not much else. Water levels are all reading the same as always..Any clue as to what might have happned? If the peppermint shrimp ate the anemone could they be picking at the coral? They love to hang out at the rock its on...

Exo

I don't know what is going on but I think for anyone to help you, they will need a lot more info. "Levels were normal" isn't enough. I would list everything you are testing for, plus salinity, temp, and general information about your system such as tank size, water change frequency, filtration method, skimmer, etc.