Coral QT setup reccomendations

jaxredsoxfan

After reading so many tough posts over the years of folks that had tank wipe outs- Im deciding to implement a permanent coral QT/frag tank. My main display is a RedSea emax 260 that has been going strong for a year now, with no real problems. I just dont want to add anything to it going forward that isn't QT'd. My plan is to keep this tank running constantly and just cycle coral and inverts through it under observation for 45 days prior to adding to display.

I'm thinking 2 peppermint shrimp and a few snails from my DT as permanent residents.

My potential equipment list is:
Aqueon 20L tank - 30x12x12
Aqueon Quiet Flow 30 HOB filter
AI Prime HD with flex arm (Have 2 Hydra 26 on the DT)
75W Eheim Jager heater
Hydor Koralia 425 GPH powerhead

Im thinking just a piece of live rock and keeping a filter pad in my DT for a month or so then moving it to the QT. Ill add DT water to the QT tank during normal weekly water changes. Bare bottom on the QT with some eggcrate to hold frags.

Any suggestions/recommendations/changes you would make to the above plan? Everyone seems to do this a little different so I tried to incorporate the best of the different setups I've read about. The plan would be to dip new corals (CoralRX) then introduce to the QT tank and let them sit for 45 days observing and re-dipping if necessary.