Coral or otherwise?

Squatch XXL

Ill post a photo with a brief description

Center of the zoa rock is a "thing"
I have had that zoa rock since 10-2015. Sometime around January I started noticing the odd greenish "arms/tentacles" of this "thing" I figured it was a sea squirt or something like that. In the past few months it has gotten larger. It seems to have arms/tentacles that are brownish with green ends....The arms seem to radiate from a central point. When the arms are spread out, the central point has a similar pattern to an orange cut in half, and almost looks like a coral skeleton.

I don't know what it is, or why my tank supports LPS...or why my zoas seem to be suffering and not spreading.

I have finally gotten a fish, which is a hoven's wrasse in the past few weeks. In the few months without fish, I did not feed anything. The hermits and lots of stomatella snails.

This "Thing" almost looks like a hammer or frogspawn...neither of which I have experience with, but the tips don't look like a hammer.

Since adding a fish AND a acan in the past few months, I have begun feeding again. This THING does not seem to react to food in any sort of "eating stuff" way.

Squatch XXL

I am starting to think that this is a frog-spawn.

Also, my lovely urchin ripped the rock off its base. I relocated the frag, and now the mystery coral is now sideways....in a way I cannot easily observe from the front. I may have to give it a few days to settle before I try to move it again...or I may continue to be lazy and reactive to the urchin's destruction...

Also, anyone in the Pennsylvania USA area want an urchin?

Squatch XXL

How large and what kind of urchin?
Where in Pennsylvania do you live?
Purple Rose or something to that effect in HBG area. It seems large to me, but have not seen it getting bigger over the last year, so I would think that it is full grown. It has a great ability to clean most types of algae, and I have not had any algae due in part to it (coraline or otherwise)

Oxylebius

I'm not really sure what you want us to look at. Any chance you can post another pic? Or have you by now determined what it is?

Squatch XXL

I see it now. Yes, I believe you are right.
I have been watching this thing since I thought it was some sort of sea squirt. Its a bit bonkers to think that a frag I bought in early October took till December to even show any sign of this. This also would explain why my zoas around it died. Still seems improbable that something this small could survive in my tank. I moved in Early November last year, and the tank was an unstable mess for months afterward.

Oxylebius

Sounds like it has been through a lot. One strong little polyp survived all that to slowly grow into more polyps. And continued to grow the point where you can see it now. Amazing!