Coral identification

jkef2010

I need some one to ID this I been told it was a sun coral but I seen sun coral frags today at the LFS and its looks nothing like them.
It's been eating brine shrimp like there going out of style. I have the spot feed it since it can't catch them on it's own since it's not big enough. I just wanna ID it before it does get big and ends up eating the fish or inverts or anything I put into the tank. I do know it grabs it's food with the tentacles and shoves it into I guess it's mouth. I also need an id so I can research on the lighting it likes and the flow it likes since i'm fresh at all of this I like to read A LOT about everything before it goes into the tank but this guys came in on my LR

I have the exact coral on top of like a 3 inch clam that was a HH. I can't find an exact I'd either. Ill try to take a pic. From what I could find I think they are nonphotophythic and only eat food but don't hold me to that. Hopefully others will chim in.

jkef2010

Well it is aka a Ivory bush coral, They are commonly found in FL, North Carolina, and Bahamas. They eat small fish, So looks like when I add fish to my tank it may have to go. Or stay until its too big. It is a slow growing coral, That is all I can find out and that it will eat brine and Mysis shrimp. Needs to be feed every other day from the info I read

If anyone can give me any additional info on this it would be awesome so I know what i'm dealing with.

ReefApprentice

I see those all the time while diving and what I've read about them is they enjoy being spot fed and may eat small fish. I would keep it even with fish just because its a "hitchhiking acquired" coral and isn't normally imported for the aquarium trade.