Coral energy by red sea

randy4083

I've got a question about this stuff it says to dose 1 ml per 25 gallons and I've got a 30 gallon tank and a 55 gallon tank that I want to dose so in the way of the 30 gallon can I just dose the 1 ml cause it's only 5 extra gallons or do I gotta dose it all because there's live rock in the tank and it says to account for your total water volume so that takes up some room for water so would it be fine just to dose what they say at 1 ml per 25 gallons

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The dosage on the Red sea products I have always found to be a good guide, but it will not harm anything if you are out just slightly.

I would say you are correct to dose 1 ml for the 30 gallon, as the rocks will take up some of the "space" and because it is better to be a tiny bit under than to overdose.

Just my thoughts though.... I am still far from an expert myself.

Pat24601

The dosage on the Red sea products I have always found to be a good guide, but it will not harm anything if you are out just slightly.

I would say you are correct to dose 1 ml for the 30 gallon, as the rocks will take up some of the "space" and because it is better to be a tiny bit under than to overdose.

Just my thoughts though.... I am still far from an expert myself.

I'd agree this seems fine to me.

Rini

Lesson I learned (advise from an red sea person). The numbers on the bottle for reef energy A & B is for an tank with prety high load of corals. I did follow that program, my tank has mostly frags. And for me it was overkill. So after speaking with an red sea person, and help on the forum here from Kev the advise was to shrink down to 3 ml per day A & B instead of the 5 ml that is advised on the bottle.
Reason why is that my skimmer went crazy, it was just to much for frags and not used by the corals.