Coral Beauty Help

jmike50

hello everyone,
is the coral beauty really reef safe? some things i read says no and the shop i go to says yes. which is it help....thanks:smack:

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey buddy. Its a crap shoot. I've had 2. One was the other was a nipper. Depends on the fish.

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

Builtschic

hello everyone,
is the coral beauty really reef safe? some things i read says no and the shop i go to says yes. which is it help....thanks:smack:

We have one in our tank and its fine doesnt pick at the coral

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

sk8rdn

dmatt88 said:
Hey buddy. Its a crap shoot. I've had 2. One was the other was a nipper. Depends on the fish.

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

+1

...."Fish" Happens!....

DaveK

As pointed out by others, it depends on the individual fish.

What you need to do is have a "plan B", just in case the fish doesn't work out. Usually this means selling or giving away the fish to someone else that has a FO or FOWLR system, or returning the fish to your LFS.

While we are on the subject, always be careful about any information you get from a LFS. All too often they are going for the quick sale, or are just not knowlegable about SW reef systems. A short post here just might save you a lot of time, trouble and money.

engineer goby

As pointed out by others, it depends on the individual fish.

What you need to do is have a "plan B", just in case the fish doesn't work out. Usually this means selling or giving away the fish to someone else that has a FO or FOWLR system, or returning the fish to your LFS.

While we are on the subject, always be careful about any information you get from a LFS. All too often they are going for the quick sale, or are just not knowlegable about SW reef systems. A short post here just might save you a lot of time, trouble and money.
Burning the midnight oil eh.

DesertOrchid

Totally agree with DaveK! Great advice! Dwarf angels are a crap shoot when it come to reef safe or not no matter what the LFS say. Truly depends on the individual fish and definitely have a plan B in the works AND the ability to catch the little bugger if it becomes a problem. I had a flame angel that was an 'angel' around my corals. It died and awhile later I replaced it with a lemonpeel and an eibli...... what a BIG mistake. They pester everything ( except each other) ! Including colt corals, toadstool polyps and palys. It isn't a food issue as they get a variety of food and are very well fed. They are just the 'devil.' Can not catch them either so had to move all my clams, lps and sps to a different tank. Good luck!!

CuznJT

in reasearching Coral Beauty Angelfish to try to find out what on earth ours is doing. or attempting to do, or whichever, to our White Eye Moray Eel, I came across a site that said that though it's said that you should not put these guys in with coral, they will most likely leave your coral alone if properly fed. We have hard and soft coral, and our Coral Beauty hasn't touched any of it. So- perhaps it's the fish? Perhaps it's due to his feeding schedule? Perhaps he's too busy trying to bully the Moray? He does, however have two perfectly placed holes through his tail fin today. So, is this why he's doing a sideways "dance" over the eel's head? In the cover of darkness, were these two scrapping over who will win the cozy spot they've both chosen? Hmmm.....perhaps we'll never know....:ponder2: