Coral Banded and Hareliquin

deaclauderdale

I got a 100 gal system so terrotiry should not be an issue. Just wanted to make sure. What is a good feeding schedule for them?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have kept cleaner skunk shrimp successfully with my harlequin pair but had to remove a fire shrimp because it was harrassing them. I have no experience with coral banded shrimp.

Plan on feeding your harlequin one starfish per month... more often if there are two and as they grow. I probably feed my large pair of harlequins one medium-large chocolate chip star every 3 weeks.

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hareliquins eat one thing... starfish and they are brutal, they will flip it over and eat it slowly over a period of a up to a couple months, they will actually bring food (that they will not eat) to the star just to keep it alive until they have devoured it completely, cool in a dimented kind of way. The coral banded are much more peaceful in comparrison and should have no problem getting along with the hareliquins.

deaclauderdale

I have kept cleaner skunk shrimp successfully with my harlequin pair but had to remove a fire shrimp because it was harrassing them. I have no experience with coral banded shrimp.

Plan on feeding your harlequin one starfish per month... more often if there are two and as they grow. I probably feed my large pair of harlequins one medium-large chocolate chip star every 3 weeks.

What do u spend on average for there food?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
$6-8$ per starfish. I usually buy 3 at a time and keep them in my sump until needed.