Copperband longevity?

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
I have had 5 in 30 years Travis, all but 1 lasted less than 2 years, 1, 6 months. However, good old coopy, lasted almost 8 years. He was a Red Sea CCB, which in my option are the only ones one should keep. The Philippines species is about the worst there is.

He spent the first 3 years in a FOT and the last 5 in a FIT with some LR. Her ate mostly foods that I fed him. Vitamin/TE soaked brines shrimp, glass worms, bloodworms. He also got live black worms as a treat and naturally spawned larvae of RBCS. He also loved an old food called "Vita-Gel", a marine food made for Angles and Tangs.

He also ate a prepared mix I made of shrimp, oysters, scallops and romaine lettuce and some occasional pods he would find and small dusters. Basically, this fish did not read the book on himself. He even ate, believe it or not, flake food. He would eat out of my hand and did not die of natural causes but from a bad batch of SeaChem salt when it first came out, which also took out my prize pet, a 15 year old tube anemone.

Last edited:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I started my CBB with fresh clams on the half-shell..then i'd smear homemade mush into the shell... it worked like a charm :)