Copperband Butterfly

I have had an aptasia problem ever since I have started my tank. Not a big problem, but I have been using aptasia-x for the past 2 months now and they always grow back... I am pondering the idea on getting a copperband butterfly to help eliminate them.
What are ya'lls thoughts on this? Are they reef safe? and problems with inverts like snails and shrimp? I would not keep the butterfly as a permanent residence because it is just not a fish I would like to have, but to eliminate a problem and return it I would consider.

keithrett

Copperbands are very fragile fish and they are often hard to get eating. Before you buy one be sure to have the store feed it in front of you to ensure it is eating. They are also very prone to diseases which means the fish could easily bring a disease into you tank. They like to pick at stuff so they are only somewhat reef safe, about the same as a flame angle. It almost comes down to the individual fish, some will pick at corals some won't. Hope this helps, I love these fish but would never dream on trying to keep one until I upgrade to a larger aquarium. Others will fill you in with better details and answer your other questions. Best of luck.

Keith