Copperband Butterfly Pic!

64Ivy

This is the latest shot of my Mueller's Copperband. They are native to Australia and just as lethal to Aiptasia.

Muelleri-11-03.jpg

64Ivy

Originally posted by cheeks69
I thought those guys were difficult to feed once they eradicate the aptaisia :confused:
Mine wasn't either. Takes Mysis, Cyclop-eeze, whatever it can glean from the LR, and would eat clam on the half-shell every day of it's life if I'd serve it.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I made sure mine ate at the LFS. I fed it clams on the 1/2 shell and frozen mysis at first. Now it eats "mush" like a pig!

Very pretty 64Ivy!!! I've heard about the australian variety. Nice!!

Maxx

Thats a good looking fish Ivy!!! Have you noticed that it going after your feather dusters in the tank? Granted your tank is a wee bit larger than most but still...
Where did you get it from?
Nick

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey JohnLewis how long have you had the peppermint shrimp?

It took about two weeks or more before I noticed any aiptasia disappearing but soon they were all gone along with the help of my copperband. :)

64Ivy

Originally posted by Maxx
Thats a good looking fish Ivy!!! Have you noticed that it going after your feather dusters in the tank? Granted your tank is a wee bit larger than most but still...
Where did you get it from?
Nick
I never had very many dusters to begin with (none were purchased) so this was never any great concern to me. The Aiptasia however were definitely a concern and this guy eliminated them in less than three days. I got it from The Marine Center; seems like they'll get a few in every couple months.

Maxx

cool thanks Ivy.
I've thought of ordering from them several times in the past. Have you ever had a bad experiance with them?
Nick

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
They have some very rare and beautiful fish, I wanted to get a hybrid pygmy from them but would like to hear experiences from others first :smirk:

64Ivy

I've probably ordered from them 4-5 times now and never had a problem per se. I DO get a bit irritated at their tendency (policy?) to send their fish Standard Overnight ; even after my repeated requests to use Priority at my expense. You see, the FedEx service in these parts just sucks beyond comprehension and Standard's "It'll get there by [say] 1 p.m.", literally means 12:59:59 p.m. unless there's...weather. Weather apparently means anything other than sunny, dry, and 82...anywhere in the country! So if we're (or you're) having weather, my Standard Overnight 'may' (bet on it) be late. At least Priority will usually get it here by 10 am; unless there's weather. But back to TMC; they pack their fish very well and I've never gotten a wet box. The fish arrive in generally good health. I HAVE had a couple instances where they would not eat right away but, hey, after riding in the back of a cold airplane and truck for several hours, I probably wouldn't be hungry either. Then of course, there's their selection. Now, I know they get hammered a lot for their lack of customer service (trying to call them for info is pretty tough) but it seems that once they get to know you, their communication skills markedly improve. For instance, early this year I inquired (by email) about a 3-5" Crosshatch Trigger and was told that they VERY SELDOM come in that small but they'd be happy to put me on a 'list'. I figured I'd never hear from them again but a couple months ago, I did! They actually contacted me (by email) to tell me they had the fish in! ( I bought it and it's doing fine, btw) So obviously, I do recommend The Marine Center. It's just that Standard Overnight thing of theirs really makes me crazy.

Maxx

cool, thanks for the info on The Marine center, Ivy.
Maybe they just dont consider Western Conecticut to be the reefing center of the universe, so they figure your not that serious! How long do you estimate your critters have been in the bag, by the time they reach you?
Sorry everyone for Hijacking this thread totally and completely....
Nick

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
You're definitely right about Fedex and their service it sucks :mad:. I ordered from liveaquaria and Fedex knocked once and took off even though I specific instructions on the box to ring doorbell. I had to pick it up at their distribution center 6 hours later it was winter time and needless to say none of the fish made it. Sorry for the ranting but I'm still upset even though it's been about a year.:flaming: