Congrats to the CPAs!!

NaH2O

Contributing Member
I just wanted to congratulate all the CPAs on this board for making it through another Tax Season! (At least I hope you made it through) Now, get some sleep!!!

Witfull

what about those that filed extensions?...LOL

congrats guys, time for a 8 month nap....lol

Crakeur

I don't see what the big deal is with the deadline. The largest post office in NYC (open 24 hours a day all year) is like a zoo. People lying on the floor, their tax papers spread all over the place. Lots of protests out front. (The women with strap on Missiles was my favorite). All these morons on the news bemoaning the deadline and how they're getting refunds. Well, if you're getting a refund, you don't need to worry about the deadline. The deadline is for PAYING taxes. if you want to file later, you can. the extension to june is automatic and you only need to file the returns or the extensions if you owe money. so many morons.

Here's another wonderful bit of info. The IRS and the states and local taxing authorities get so much mail in the next week or so that anything arriving between the 16th and about the 22nd is deemed on time. I have sent my extension in between the 16th and the 18th every year (client's come first). I have at least 15 clients who's checks will arrive today and get sent out today. Been doing this for 12 years and the firm has been doing it for close to 40. Never once has there been a problem with a late received payment.

Ok, going to pull the rip van winkle.

Last edited:

Crakeur

Crakeur's brain is away from his body and cannot process your questions. Please leave a message after the beep and the brain will get back to you as soon as possible.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

caja

OOOO they showed some of those cars on GMA last week some nice stuff, but that one designed by women is dumb looking.

deposited my tax check today. Yippee!

Crakeur

Iwas not impressed by the cars. nothing really new or nice. the new bmw 6 series is awesome but I've drooled over it already. deposited your check? I bit the bullet and mailed mine this afternoon. hate doing that.

kennerd

Same here: all three checks IRS, NJ. NY. If there was ever any money overpaid, it got deposited in the little box titled "Apply to next year".

Crak: meant to ask you what the 6'er looks like in person. I miss my old 635.

Will find out on Monday how many carseats I'll need. Thankfully, Kim likes the Tahoe, so no mini-vans, etc. She'd likely string herself up if she had to go that route anyway. I'd have a custom-fit paperbag made if I had to drive one.

Crakeur

Originally posted by Montanareefer
Taxes are good!

yeah, sure, they're good. say that when you're writing checks and not waiting on the refund.

Bush and his tax "cuts." Those changes cut deep. Deep into the pockets of many of my clients, and myself as well.

Friggin alt min tax. Gotta give Bush some credit tho. He passed his sweeping tax reform and nobody seemed to notice that the alt min tax would effectively eliminate the tax cust for about 40% of all taxpayers, once his plan is in full effect (2009).

It's odd how a buffoon who can't even say the word nuclear, can't eat pretzels without a chaperone and can't help giggling for no reason at all can put together a team of tax experts to devise a plan that will hoodwink the nation into thinking they're all making out.

Vote Crakeur in 04. I'll find the WMD. I'll bring back the days of deductions and refunds for anyone making more than $150,000, I'll walk and chew gum at the same time, speak eloquently about the nuclear crisis and, most importantly, I'll bring hot babes back to the white house. It's been decades since the House has seen some good looking babes (The drunken Bush girls are not worthy - drunk sorority girls were never a big challenge).

Crakeur

excellent timing Ken.

the coolest thing about those sonograms is that the "beating booger" as you so lovingly called it, is about the size of a prune.