.... Confused ... Help .... Please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my biocube is now empty all my fish are dead. I need ideas for fish I would like to breed fish buy I don't have a lot of space for growout.. My water quality is great am ,trite , trate 0 , ph lil over 8.2 and alk 3.5. The cardinals probably died of being wild cought . I wanted captive breed but I am a student and have very little money and cannot afford 2 cardinals then shipping. I need ideas badly I am about to call my lfs to see if he still has my clowns.

reefer gladness

Not to be the bad guy but it's likely your tank is just too small if its a 14g BC, your clowns would outgrow a 14g tank as well. Until you're ready for a larger tank I'd suggest 1 or 2 really small fish, maybe a barnacle blenny and/or pygmy goby.

TylerHaworth

Ive thought of that but when my caulerpa and other macros grow in I will never see them..

Your no help , the option of upgrading is non existing. No where to put it.

I really don't know what you want someone to tell you here... Your tank is too small for what you want and your options (suggested above) are extremely limited and nothing is going to change that until you can upgrade.

Does anybody know where I can get cb banggai's that are not very expensive . Those would be the most diesel for breeding and they are not as big as clowns. I've thought about clown gobies but they need acros and the fry are hard to raise and slow growing. I was originally going to do clowns but they need a lot of space for growout.
What would be good options if I were not going go breed? I've had a firefish and a clown goby so preferably something else besides them.

TylerHaworth

I think you need to learn how to keep adult fish alive before you even consider the notion of breeding, my friend.

One small clown, one banggai, a couple SMALL gobies, one dottyback, one small wrasse... That's about it

As the saying goes: You must learn to walk before you run.

My clowns are still alive! I sold them back to the lfs so I could get the cardinal pair. The firefish died because it jumped into chamber 3 and suffocated , the clown goby died because the only thing I could get it to eat was frozen brine , my domino damsels died because they were killed by my clarkii, the clarkii went back to the lfs ! Before u go calling someone a fish killer ask about there fishtery (fish history)!

redneckgearhead

First off, it seems like you might need to simmer down a bit, we are just trying to help you with your question with the limited information that we have.

If you do not have room for a larger tank how are you going to have room for the several tanks it takes to grow out these fish? Take what the others have said to heart. They are not trying to be mean or spiteful, they are telling you what you need to hear. With just 14 gallons you will be very limited as to what you can put in there.

I was not trying to be rude and I know im limited with only 14 gallons . But excuse me that I'm not in a great mood because my only saltwater fish died for no apparent reason ! Worst way to start the day..

But I mean how many different things can this mean , he called me a fish killer!
I think you need to learn how to keep adult fish alive before you even consider the notion of breeding, my friend.
I have space for some growout tanks and the main dt but no more.
I was hopping I could get breeders opinions on what would be a better fish . I guess I will prob get a firefish a a green clown goby . Or just quite all together.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ah we all get pissy when we lose livestock.

Stick with the smaller fish listed add a few corals n wha la. A few years passes n u have cash for the tank of ur dreams. Don't fret dude it's cool. Later

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

Thanks Matt I really needed that!
Tomorrow I will call my lfs on the clowns and if they don't have em I think I will go with a pair of green clown gobies. Maybe I will be able to rear the young.

TylerHaworth

Well my biocube is now empty all my fish are dead.

If they are dead, then you were unable to keep them alive. I was not attacking you, just stating the plain and obvious. I'm sorry you don't like the truth, but that does not change the fact that it is what it is.

Every fish you have had is dead, except the one(s) that you sold back to the LFS. My point stands firm.

I TRULY want you to have success in this hobby which we all love. I refuse, however, to shell out advice that is anything other than EXACTLY what I feel someone needs to hear.

dmatt88

Clownfishfan said:
Thanks Matt I really needed that!
Tomorrow I will call my lfs on the clowns and if they don't have em I think I will go with a pair of green clown gobies. Maybe I will be able to rear the young.

Give er hell.

They are not clarkii they are occellaris , I had a single clarkii and when it got to big and aggressive I took it back.
None of my fish died from improper care ! That is what I was trying to point out the only one of those that could have been prevented was the clarkii / damsel problem but in my defense they were in the same little tank at the store with no prob.
@Matt ??

reefer gladness

Amigo, without getting defensive - please do some more research online before you buy a fish and take note of the minimum tank size. A single clarkii needs a 30g tank and will grow up to 6 inches! Obviously not in a 14g tank but some due diligence should have prevented you from making the purchase in the first place. Same with the cardinals, those fish are recommended to be in 30g tanks and larger.

If you're on a budget (and we've all been there) then consider how much more it costs you to return/replace a fish that wasn't suited to your aquarium to begin with.

As for the LFS... well, the store next to my house probably kills more fish in a week than McDonalds on Fish-o-Filet Friday! I often see fish stock at the LFS that shouldn't be mixed and just as often see the unfortunate results. Just last week I saw a beautiful 6-inch fairy wrasse that was probably hours away from death because it was put in a tank with agressive tank mates that nipped off it's fins and tail.

dmatt88

Clownfishfan said:
They are not clarkii they are occellaris , I had a single clarkii and when it got to big and aggressive I took it back.
None of my fish died from improper care ! That is what I was trying to point out the only one of those that could have been prevented was the clarkii / damsel problem but in my defense they were in the same little tank at the store with no prob.
@Matt ??

Hey buddy. I hear Ya. But I gotta ask that u read the others posts. I promise their trying to help. There is good info on this page.

Ya gotta stop defending urself n focus on the task. That's putting together a kickass tank n these dudes will help Ya accomplish just that.

Carry on dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.