concern about fish change of eating habits

my porcupine puffer has started declining to eat freeze-dried krill, a food he formerly gorged on. I have had this fish over a year and he always was a heavy, eager eater. Now he seems to be hungry, just doesn't tear into the krill as he once did.
He seems to be almost shying away from biting into it at the last moment, and i worry if his jaws are impaired somehow. He still eats frozen plankton, but it doesn't fill him up like the krill does, and he seems to have lost a little bit of girth. If anyone has any advice, I would like to hear it. Thanks. Mike.

Paragon

How long have you had your supply of freeze-dried krill? If it's been around a while this might be one possibility.

Personally, I wouldn't be concerned if a fish rejected one food source so long as it eats well from other sources. I wouldn't be shocked to find out fish have changing tastes just like humans.

DaveK

Try different foods. A trip to the grocery store for some raw seafood can do wonders. Most fish love crab or shrimp, as long as you chop it really fine for them. Sometimes a problem eater will go wild over various pellet fish foods or even flakes. You never know.

fishguy4

Try different foods. A trip to the grocery store for some raw seafood can do wonders. Most fish love crab or shrimp, as long as you chop it really fine for them. Sometimes a problem eater will go wild over various pellet fish foods or even flakes. You never know.

Ya just experiment. Chances are he wants more of a variety lol :)

I bought a new container of the freeze dried, same brand, and he treayts it with the same distaste. The other two fishes eat it(sailfing tang, and marine betta). I have a few other foods, like frozen half shell clams, and he will eat other things - I just don't understand why he no longer eats the freeze dried . Maybe it's because it's dried? I guess i must experiment. He's really a cool fish , by the way; he actually has allowed himself to be lifted out of the water on a flat plastic thingy like on the white shark tagger show. He also spits streams of water onto onlookers from the water surface. I would hate to lose this fish. Thanks for the suggestions. :)