Conair Bath Spa for Water Movement

Pretty cool idea..... I don't think that jet is to big.... Kinda blends right in and before you know it it will be covered with Coraline.....
SemperSaint your leading the way for many of us.... Keep up the good work...

SemperSaint

Pretty cool idea..... I don't think that jet is to big.... Kinda blends right in and before you know it it will be covered with Coraline.....
SemperSaint your leading the way for many of us.... Keep up the good work...

That is my hope anyway that first it lasts, and second that it gets covered with algae. It's so white, I wish I could paint it. One of the best things is that it's extremely quiet. I can barely hear it run.

SemperSaint

The Conair is still going strong after 8 days of 24/7 running and is beginning to get coated with algae.
tank_5_15_09.jpg

SemperSaint

It's still going strong. I think the few button polyps and mushrooms I had on my live rock like it. They're beginning to multiply.
240tank1.jpg

Last edited:

SemperSaint

Well,
The experiment is over :( I got home from work today and one of my snails had cleaned all the algae off the Conair, and I noticed there was no water movement. It would work if I shook it, but very weak, so I decided to call the time of death. I just got two new wave makers, so the timing was good. I put them in the tank and kept rolling. It was good water movement while it lasted.