Complete beginner

Jim

Hi everybody, I've been trying to take in as much as possible from this forum as I got a 240litre tank for Christmas and decided to go for a reef set up.
As I knew nothing about marine tanks, the information I read from everybody here has been a great help as it is quite scary starting out and it's good to see such a friendly place.
I put the live rock into the tank yesterday and even that was exciting as it was amazing just to look at. I am looking forward to the next stage and further down the line, the fish.
Thanks for all the information.

Curtswearing

First of all Jim,

WELCOME TO REEFSANCTUARY!!!

:welcomera

Nice to have another person from across the big pond.

You've come to the right place and feel free to ask questions.

Cougra

Welcome to the sanctuary!

I know what you mean about it being a little scary to start with! There is so much to learn and figure out and so much money involved! However in the end, no matter how fustrated you may get, it's worth it!

I can't wait to hear more about the tank and if you can get some photos that would be great :)

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Oh, by the way...
YOUR EAGLES ARE GOING DOWN!!! My NFC South brethren will destroy NFC East!!!! Muhahahaha!

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Originally posted by Craig Manoukian
You lost me on the Eagles comment LI!

:) :D ;) :p :smirk: :cool:
His avatar is a Philly Eagles helmet. (I assume he is a Philly fan) They are in the running for the NFC championship game this weekend. Thats all!

ScottT1980

YOUR EAGLES ARE GOING DOWN!!! My NFC South brethren will destroy NFC East!!!! Muhahahaha!

Whoa, never thought I would hear a tampa bay fan say that. Glad to have you on our side for once :D

Jim, welcome to a wonderful community. Many of these people started me off about a year and a half ago when I was in your shoes. Keep asking questions and fill us in on your progress.

Take er easy
Scott T.

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Originally posted by ScottT1980
Whoa, never thought I would hear a tampa bay fan say that. Glad to have you on our side for once :D
I just REALLY hate McNabb! That and I was born and raised in the NC mountains...

Spooda420

ask away... buy books I like Bob Fenner, Anthony Calfo...

wetwebmedia.com has great sections for new people.

do research on the animals you tend to keep.

oh and BTW welcome... nothing fancy from me.

Maxx

The best advice has already been given, Research and ask questions....
Sometimes people feel self concious about asking questions. They're worried about sounding silly or dumb. Keep in mind none of us was born w/ this knowledge, we had to ask questions too. And when we sounded dumb, everybody laughed and laughed at us...til we cried, and had to have our mommies come pick us up. And then we swore we'd never EVER get teased ....uh...sorry....
Seriously, dont hesitate to ask. Its much cheaper to learn from another's mistake...
Nick