co2 for korralin reactor where to buy?

gaubow

I read that I should go to a welding supply store for co2 tank, but I don't know what to get, how big and all of that. I cannot find that information out in any literature.

Also, for anyone else running this, do you just have the water fed into it using the gravity way, or did you set up a powerhead to do this.

I have found this reactor very confusing, but maybe I just wasn't educated enough to make the purchase. At any rate, I have it now and am doing my best to get it going.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

mps9506

you can get either a 5 or 10lb CO2 cyl. any welding shop should carry them and fill them up for you.
I would suggest using a small powerhead to feed the system so you have consistent flow into the reactor.

gaubow

i just got back from the lfs looking for the small powerhead but none of them are able to connect with the airline tubing that came with my reactor. the guy told me to go online to look for a real small water pump?

What kind of pump do you use, and how did you connect it to the water line, which on mine is about the size of airline hose.

Steve Ruddy

I use MJ 400, Rio 200, and Microjet pumps. They all need and adaptor that will take the pump output down to the reactor input . Go to a hardware store with the pump and hose and they should be able to help you.