Clows with eggs? is this real

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Looks like you have a Spawning Pair :yeehoo:
Means they are healthy & happy in your tank.
Trying to raise the spawn (fry) to adult size is lots of extra work.
And then you have to find somewhere to re-home them. o_O
Do you think you want to set up one or two more tanks to raise them?

My clowns spawn about 2 or 3 times per month...sad but it's just FREE food for my tank. I'm not into trying to save them.
They start off tiny orange dots & look like this right before they are gone:
image.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I've been gearing up to raise them but its just too much work for my schedule right now.

Your pair definitely look like they are doing the dance!

The hardest thing with trying to raise them is actually getting them out if the DT to the hatch tank...... Very tough unless you get them to lay on something removable

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I use the bottom base on a clay pot in their area. Is say they lay on the pot once every three times. Works good just don't remove too early or expose to air!

Mine "host" the small terra cotta all the time. Whether it has eggs in it or not.
They have never spawn anywhere but there.

They both stay in it all night. From the minute the lights go off, they are in it and they stay until the lights come back on. It's their home. They work hard to keep every gain of sand out of it.
And when I switch the pot out for cleaning....I have learned that I need to put the clean pot in BEFORE I take the dirty one out or they will THROW A FIT!!! :tantrum::tantrum: They start making the sand bed fill the water column. :tantrum:
I always know when the tank gets a little cloudy, the clowns are tee-d off about intruders (Usually a snail) too close to their little pot. They are totally OCD with that pot!! It's a necessary part of my reef tank even if it looks odd o_O