Clowns and Feeding

DarkKnight

So I must admit, I posted this on another local forum first and received no response, so hanging my head low I return to a forum where I know there's always an answer. Here are my questions:
1. How often should I feed my tank or what is recommended?
2. I've had a snowflake clown now for awhile in my tank, he/she is about 2 inches, I just added a new snowflake that's just under an inch. They are getting along excellently. They are however every now and again fluttering (twitching) at each other. Can someone tell me why this behavior?
3. I have a large hammer coral with many heads, some sections are nice and green and others are brown. I assume the brown sections should be green to, but why aren't they and what can I do to get them nice and green?

Thanks Reef Sanctuary

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi DarkKnight :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to posting at Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
It would help to know more about your tank....like how big & what you have in it as well as how long it's been running. I'd suggest starting a tank journal here in the reef chronicles forum http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/
Your clown fish sound like they are getting aquatinted in their normal way. My two loved each other from the beginning and now are a spawning (every few week ;) ) pair.
I'd say just try to NOT over feed as a general rule. Fish can trick you into thinking they are starving :yup:
It's hard to resist they urge to feed them but don't do it more often than once a day and only what they can eat up in a very few minutes.
Get a thread started & share some pictures :camera:
We L:heart:VE PICTURES & you'll be amazed at the :help: you'll get and the FUN it can be to share your tank here! VERY BEST WISHES....:biker

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Welcome to RS where all the great and friendly folks reside :)

Some answers to your question :

1) For me personally twice a week.
2) Yes they'll have their little arguments even after they've paired up.
3) Do you have a photo of your hammers? You could be having 2 different types (brown and green) on the same rock.

reefin101

Feed fish once a day is plenty.
Don't need to feed the tank. With LPS you can target feed weekly up to daily. more food faster growth, more polutants to tank. Find happy medium.

Tank info helps. flow, lights, size, filtering etc...