clownfish

Barcochris

More Info Please. What kinf of clown, Tank paramiters, how long has it been set up so on and so on. Will help to tell what the problem is

Mad Mike

Viking funeral. :(

Aside from that like most folks say more info. How long is the tank up, what tests are you running, whats the results ammonia nitrates are usually the big killers. Check your salinity also.

bluey

Mad Mike said:
Viking funeral. :(

Aside from that like most folks say more info. How long is the tank up, what tests are you running, whats the results ammonia nitrates are usually the big killers. Check your salinity also.
well we founf

bluey

well we found what our problem was the nitrates were to high thats what killed all our fish the tank was up since nov 27 but he cleaned the whole tank an d he should have not took all the bacteria away and now were going to have to start over again

seacat7up

dont feel bad bluey i had two clownfish originally that did great up until dec.. i started my tank in early sept... then i had a bout with ick......killed one clown the other recovered.......i moved and had to take apart everything and redo.. everything went well then i got 2 new clowns....did great for about 6 weeks then the two new ones died... then my goby....then my original clown.....ick was back........took out all fish and put in hospital tank and medicated for well 5 days but kept the fish in tank for a month... my basslett started shwoing signs of dying....labored breathing not eating... well i went and got a new bigger filter (have a 20 gal) now i have a whisper power filter 25gal to 40 gal pumping 200 gph...added some essential elements and stresszyme 24 hrs later basslett is back at 110% eating like a horse.........its been 30 days now and tank is as clean and clear as i ever saw....it was stress from moving and redoing the tank when i put in my live rock.... still havent replaced the clowns just waiting til i get some more money. my nitrates were too high but i used amquel, removes ammonia, nitrates, phosphates and chlroine...it helped alot. all parameters a right where they are supposed to...so dont give up.. give it a couple weeks and try again... the less you do to the tank the better it will be... trust me... i had a freshwater tank (10gal) cleaned it once a month( just cleaned gravel) used regular tap water ( had an aretesian well) didnt add anything and lost one fish in 3 yrs..... i had angels that were no bigger than a dime when i started,,, by the time i started they were about 8 inches....heater broke.. and tank craked i sold them.... the angels went for $50.00 each needless to say i tripled the expense i spent when i bought them over the 3 yrs... and i didnt do a thing i just fed them and cleaned to grvel once a month... never added anything..

bluey

well we got a biological filter if he leaves the tank alone and doesnt do anything to it will recover on its own?? its a 55 gallon tank?

bluey

well im back again we just got a new blue ribbon eel and it doesnt like to eat he has a mind of his own i went to the fish store and they gave me garlic to put on the food its stuff for finick eater s hopefully this will do the trick

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I have read your post with interest and I am wondering what your were nitrate levels were when your fish died?

Also, who did the testing of your water and what test kit was used?

Blue ribbon eels are considered a difficult species to keep in captivity for the very reason that they are difficult to get to eat. They are generally a species that is reserved for advanced aquarists.