clownfish strange behaviour

JMMG

i recently finished my cupramine treatment for ich but i am seeing a strange behaviour in my clownfishes at nights. they seem stressed, swiming fast and hard around all the tank and against the glass. i havent seen any ick spot(man i hope i cured it) but i have seen its heads(from mouth to the first stripe) rather pale than the rest of the body. the rest of the day they seem just fine, they eat well, and the color is normal. this strange behaviour only occur at nights. this behaviour kinda puzzle me. thanks

salinity 1.025
ph 8.2
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
temp 82F
nitrates ?

leebca

The copper test kit may read 'none detected' when it comes to copper, but the removal of all copper is important. Make sure you have used carbon and made at least two extremely large (over 80%) water changes. I am assuming they were treated in a quarantine aquarium and that they are still in that aquarium. If either of these are not correct, the fish may be reacting to other stressors. How many were treated at the same time? Were they all together? What size aquarium?

I hope the diagnosis was correct. It just might be there was a secondary problem or that the primary problem was not Marine Ich. Otherwise, the fish do seem to be having issues with something that is aggitating them. Unless this is latent mating behavior (you also don't mention their age or whether or not they are mated), look for any signs of stress.

Without additional information, it could just also be just a phase and they will settle down in a few days.

jerry26

I have a false perc clown pair and tbe big one zooms all over the tank at night. Idk but its done it for a while. I glued a pulsing xenia frag to my glass and it crashed right into it, turned and darted off. Idk what the deal but i know i have done no treatments

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

may2024

My black and white clown does this at times if you remove him the display tank to the quarantine tank and then back to the display tank. I think it a territorial reaction its worse with mated pairs. I hope that’s what you are seeing anyway because it will stop pretty quickly if it is.

jerry26

My black and white clown does this at times if you remove him the display tank to the quarantine tank and then back to the display tank. I think it a territorial reaction its worse with mated pairs. I hope that’s what you are seeing anyway because it will stop pretty quickly if it is.

I would say this is likely true. The big one of mine is definitely a bully.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JMMG

i am glad to hear from you Lee. they are a pair of small clownfishes in a 10 gallon hospital tank. i will insert a picture so you get the idea
206.JPG
i guess i need to do another 80% water change then. i have read many of your articles and sometimes it is hard to identify a stressor. i just hope to get rid of marine ich once for all. it has been my nightmare since i began in the hobby. i did the copper treatment with cupramine as you said in the article. take care lee