clownfish breeding

K L R

i have 2 ocellaris more black aka fancy clownfish that have bothe chosen their genders. . . How can i get them to breed?

They are in a 75 gal with 3 chromis, 3 tangs(2 are babies), urchin,and 2 shrimp.

lots of feedings, warm water, and time!!!!:ofr: breeding clownfish takes lots of time and is hard work. If you are really interested in breeding clownfish get clownfish by Joyce D. Wilkerson here is were can buy her book Saltwater Aquarium Fish: Clownfishes

it tells you all about breeding clownfish.

I have had a pair of clown fish for 4 year and have not spawned yet but cause you have occ.s it should only take about 1 1/2 years at most if the conditions are right:rainbow: if you have any more Q's about clownfish just ask me or PM !

K L R

I just saw last night my male clownfish was taking pebbles next to the glass in his mouth and spitting them out by the rocks. do you know why he was doing this? Also they have recently been picking at the rocks . Does that mean anything?

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Clowns play with sand. Most do it, not an indicator of breeding activity.

Clowns are more likely to breed if they feel safe and low stress. They spawn more readily if they are the only fish in the tank; they can spend so much time watching other fish that they never get around to thinking about the next generation of clowns. Wilkerson is a good reference, but it is really very general when it comes to breeding. You might also want to check out Conditioning, Spawning, and Rearing of Fish with an emphasis on Marine Clownfish by Frank Hoff. Or check out Woodys thread on it here at RS

some people would say that is pre-spawning activity, but if they are not cleaning the rocks every couple mins.then they are teassing you.

just keep feeding them alot and make sure to give them alot of frozen foods

I would not give them brine shrimp because it is not good for them and very little nutrion for them !

K L R

Ok thanks also they will not leave this cave i have built in my tank. This is where they have been picking at the rock. They only leave for maybe 30 sec unless im feeding them.