Clown Question.

Tsao

I went away for about two days and when I came back I noticed my orange perc looks a little discolored. He seems darker than normal. Also, he usually swims out in the front of the tank with my black one but now he's just been sitting in the top corner. He's eating fine and all. Just sitting in the corner with what I think is discoloration. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong or if I should do anything.

lcstorc

Often clowns get darker as they age. Two days is pretty fast though. Could you have just noticed a slow change that has been happening.
As long as he is breathing and eating normally I wouldn't worry too much.

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
Often clowns get darker as they age. Two days is pretty fast though. Could you have just noticed a slow change that has been happening.
As long as he is breathing and eating normally I wouldn't worry too much.

I agree.

Mine also darkened up as they got older BTW. And it's normal for a clown to pick one spot in a tank they like and stay there most of the time,.. that's the spot he's chosen to host.

Whiskey

Tsao

Thanks for the replies. I'll take your word for it. Although ever since I got him hes always been in the front of the tank swimming around with the black one and now the black one is out like usual but with out him. And I'm almost positive its alot darker than on Sunday when I left.

CATALYST

Are they both the same kind of clown? Have they already changed sex? My female is out and about a lot more than the male. He stays in the corner a lot more.

Tsao

They're not the same.. the black one is a true. If they can still pair off then the black one would be the male and he's the one out and about.

Tuna

They may have had a territorial 'beef'. Were they freindly with each other? Do they 'sleep' together?

Tsao

They slept together and always swam around together. When I got home from work the black one was being eaten by a hermit. The other one doesn't look too good now and looks like he has ich. I'm guessing the black one brought it into my tank. (Although, I didn't see it on him.) What's the easiest solution to ich? The salinity is higher and I raised the temperature to 80.