Clown is hosting RBTA!

MrsPeer

I am a proud owner of not one, but two RBTAs. A local reefer was getting out of the hobby and he desperately needed to get rid of his tank. He gave me a sweet deal for the nems ($10 each). My initial intention was to get only one nem, but it was really hard to remove it from the rock so he decided to sell the rock with the nem. As we were removing the rock, there was a second nem that was attached to it and another rock. We accidentally tore the bottom half of it off, but was able to get the rock and two nems.

I didn't want to keep the live rock so I went to my friend's LFS and he used a dremel to frag the rock. The two nems were on small rocks and placed into my tank. The torn nem has since moved and found a crevice between two rocks (not the brightest). The other healthier one is on its rock on the sandbed.

Tonight when I got home, I found the female percula in the healthy one! It only took her three days to take shelter in her new upscale real estate. She is currently chasing the male percula away from her and the nem. I hope she doesn't buffet the nem to death. The nem is about two inches in diameter, and she is about one inch long. I am on a euphoric high now!

Here are some pictures. I'm sorry the female clown is not looking her best with all her black dots on her. I've been told they're from coral stings and that it takes months for the black dots to clear.

RBTA.jpg

ClownNem.jpg

ClownNem2.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Congrats!
Wow!$10 for those RBTA's was a steal! :eek:

BTW.. the anemone is hosting the clownfish. :)

MrsPeer

:lol: I was so excited that I forgot the all important hosting convention. Thanks for the correction! I'm a dufus.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Don't worry about the black spots. I once had a pair of ocellaris severl years ago (gave them away) and the female was LOADED with black spots. The spots were apparently from coral stings and did not affect her behavior or health. She spawned every two weeks and ate like a pig.

Here she is just before spawning (notice her large tummy)
61Unknown-black_spots.jpg

Woodstock

RS STAFF
LOL~ They would host frogspawn, mushrooms, goniopora, and an RBTA. Funny thing was the male had just a few spots :dunno:

sambrinar

the are kudos for postings, adds to your reputation.. A way of saying thank you.. Here I'll give you one.... Be sure to put your name after the reason so you can see they can see who gave it to them