clown fish

munki

i added a false perc yesterday night. would it be too late to add another false perc tomorrow? or will they fight?
thank you for your time:colorful:

aquaman3680

You could add one tomorrow and shouldn't have any problems, I would recommend getting a smaller one

Matt

InLimbo87

I doubt that your clown would become territorial after just a day of being in the tank.

Aquaman, what is your reasoning behind putting in a smaller one? I would think that, if anything, he would want a bigger one that way if the original one gets territorial, at least the new one is bigger, no? Haven't really thought about it much because I added two at the same time. Just curious on your reasoning....

aquaman3680

Because then you have a definite male and female. The smaller one would be the male and the existing one would be the female. Also if it becomes territorial then the male will usually back down from the female avoiding conflict.

Matt

munki

i will see if they have any smaller ones, but when i went there last tim e i asked for the smallest one.

lcstorc

If you already have a small one then I would go for a large one. The main thing is to have one larger than the other so you have a male and a female.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I put my True percs in 24 hours apart with no problems. They are both the same size. They were lovie, dovie from the start! However, they were young and tank raised and there were about 15 of them in the sales tank. Don't know what the future holds for them though.

Warnberg

Lets back up here just a sec... munki, how big or old do you thing the first clown you added to your tank is? Also when you got it did it come from a tank full of clowns or was this the only one in the tank?

Dentoid, if you got both clowns from a display with lots of clowns in it you will be fine, reason I say that is usually a tank full of clowns are juviniles still and all have not developed enough to determine sex yet.

munki

the clown is an inch or just over an inch. when i got him it wasin a tank with eight other false percs.

Warnberg

you should be fine, just go ahead and get another juvenile (tank with several clown in it). They should pair without much aggression.

munki

o i got one so now i have two. the new one is a tiny bit bigger than the first one. so far they seem to be doing good.
thank you all for your help.

munki

damn clown died:eek: . maybe from stress, but the first clown and the other fish are doing fine. i think im going to take the dead one back and get a new one.

munki

well its not the best, but its the only store arround here that offers that long of a guarantee. at the other places once it leaves the store there are no returns or refunds no matter what happens.