Clown Fish layed eggs tonight

Jakets

Very cool I shot a video buy it's 47M so I have to figure out my Video edit software before I shove it down anyone with dial up
You can see the eggs in orange sorta in the shadows between the two clowns

Here is a pic

reefshadow

Congrats, Jakets!

Any thoughts on a rearing attempt?

Looks kinda like an lta (macrodactlya doreensis) to me, but really can't tell:)

Gina

RS STAFF
Congratulations! How cool! Are you going to try and do something with these eggs to raise them or, are they just going to be a treat for the fish?

Jakets

The anemone was sold to me and at the time looked like a BTA. But has never had bubble tips while in my tank.
As the rock would be impossible to remove I think this clutch will go to the fishes.
But I have a 40G on order that will become the clown BTA tank. It will have no predators in it like Hermit crabs. I'm researching now for other inhabitants.
I will attempt to set it up so that were ever the BTA settles will have easily removable spots for the clowns to lay. Then I will set up a 10G for the eggs to hatch out. Feeding rotti and hopefully grow ten out.
Thats the plan anyway.

J

David

Chances are they'll be at it again in a couple of weeks, try setting down a piece of glass near the anemone, they might lay them on that. Mcuh easier to move than rock.

Xanareef

That's a beautiful picture of a beautiful pair of fish.

It's also a good picture of an oviposter on the female :)

Alexis