Clint's new tank...

tbittner

Wow! I'm not sure how I missed this thread. Fantastic looking tank! I can't get over how BIG it looks! Everything really looks great!

zimboy

Awesome looking tank Clint. Where abouts in onterrible are you? maybe i'm close enough to come visit your LFS. Looks to have a better selection than ours... (i'm in Sudbury BTW)

thanks everyone !!

royalscott,Terry and Craig

zimboy..
Im in newmarket ont.
about 15 minutes north of Toronto...lots of big Als stores and a real nice coral store in town actually..

probably worth the drive,but the Barrie big Als store is a little closer...lol

sorry to say the Royal gramma died on us last week..

he got caught up against the powerhead at the back of tank and drown..

so tonight I grabbed the fish I really wanted
a six line wrasse...

I might get 1 more for the tank one day but for now this is the last for me as of now..

here is a pic

sixline-6.jpg

sixline-8.jpg

sixline-4.jpg

sixline-2.jpg

sixline-1.jpg

just posting some new pics of my tank ..pistol shrimp and goby hard at work..until trouble came along..

scan heavy...

tankpics-1-21-08-06.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-07.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-08.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-09.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-10.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-11.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-13.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-14.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-16.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-17.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-18.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-19.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-20.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-01.jpg

I like how the gobies eyes are glowing in his cave when the banded shrimp came over....lol
tankpics-1-21-08-05.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-15.jpg

tankpics-1-21-08-02.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Cool! Love the pairing! When the shrimp is out of the burrow it has one of its antenna on the goby at all times. The goby is constantly twitching and communicating with the shrimp to alert it of safety or danger. Neat symbiosis! Also, an interesting fact, the shrimp will eat the goby if it ever becomes weak or ill.

heels92

I found your chronicles after I hitch hiked on your thread about the Koralia power heads. Nice diary. How hard is it to get a goby and shrimp to pair. I have a goby just like yours (at least it looks like it.) I have had my tank for just over 2 years, he has been in it from the beginning and has his area staked out.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Clint, I may have told you this already, but the Dec '07-Jan '08 issue of Coral magazine is devoted to the Goby/Pistol association. Several articles from top scientists in the hobby about them. If you get a chance to pick it up, do so.

prow

nice, so many pics i love it:D i love that found their there home right out in front, kind like their own little island.

hello again

its been awhile since i have cruised the site,im sorry im guilty of being on another salty site from canada.

anyhow ,some of you might remember me.
just wanted to update my tank with some pics.

we are looking at upgrading very soon to a 100 gallon.

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_00062.jpg

IMG_00322.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

SUNDAYAPRIL26TH106.jpg

SUNDAYAPRIL26TH134.jpg

newdaysunshne049.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_02592.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_02162.jpg

IMG_00063.jpg

just a few pics for now

some more later when i get a chance..

thanks for looking..
Clint.

i guess no one remembered me and my small tank...lol

ill try to post some more pics later of the baby tiger tail sea cucumber that was found last week in tank.....I had to flush the original one a month ago..after he came out of hiding after about a year....but he left a new one behind.

acemow

Nice corals! I would have liked to see your beginning pics to compare but the links are gone...oh well, your tank looks great!

Nice corals! I would have liked to see your beginning pics to compare but the links are gone...oh well, your tank looks great!

ya sorry friend,the original pics are gone from photo bucket.

maybe i can find and post again later.

thanks for looking and comment