clear/white tentacles in rock?

brucie

well I grabbed just a little bit more lr to put in my tank. I have noticed some very tiny clearish white tentacles coming out and waving around in the current.
they never actually seem to leave the inside of the rock completelt but today I seen it actually pull in some sand.
sorry I have no pics but can anyone give me a few ideas as what it could be so I can research it further?! thanks!

I posted something similar and they seem to be hidden cup coral... I think the real identifier is if they have a white skeleton of sorts that they can retract into.

brucie

chipmunk, I am on a mobile phone and cannot click the images. but the one with two tentacles coming out of a little white thing looks almost exactlt like them. can someone give me a link to that please?

TwistedEnvy

Probably this:

This interesting kritter is found in most reef tanks near the rockwork or in the substrate of the refugium. The worm (possibly a Chaetopterid or Spionid) secretes a mucous to build a small tube with sand grains (two tubes visible in the image above), and extends two 'palps' for feeding. The worm itself is very small (1/10" to 1/4") but its tentacles can be up to 10 times longer than its body. Chaetopterid is pronounced "key-top-terid." Reef-safe

I have them everywhere in my tank...the are in white things and only come out sometimes, but they are clear/white, usually 2 strings come out.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
They could be Chaetopterid or Spionid as Envy pointed out but there are other things also

Chaetopterid
worm_tube-buus.jpg

brucie

I believe they are Chaetopterid. they have a little tube they have built over the past few weeks. thanks for the help everyone! :)