Cleaning my AquaC Remora

Hey guys, I have an AC Remora with the MJ1200. I'm currently battling and have been battling for some time now a cyano/ other green algae breakout. I consistently do at least a 10% water change weekly and only feed three to four times a week. A few weeks ago I switched out my substrate to sand from crushed coral which sparked a small diatom bloom, for which i had already figured. Currently treated it with Chemi-Clean and so I had to shut off the skimmer for 48 hours. My question is, I had some algae growing or at least sitting on the lip of my skimmer outlet and after scraping it off a couple times I figured its time to clean my skimmer. Did some research and decided to run it with white vinegar and hot water. After letting it run a few hours should I run it in a bucket with RO water? Or just put it back on the tank, wouldn't the vinegar possibly enter my tank and hurt my livestock? Thanks for the help guys.

any help? just wondering wheter I should run the skimmer with RO water before I put it back on my tank or can I just take it from the water/vinegar and place it back on the tank?

Luukosian

Personally I would run it with RO for like 20-30 min then dump it out and repeat then put it on the tank...always better safe than sorry when your not sure what something will do to your tank

I clean my with Warm Ro/di water and scrub it with a britsle bottle cleaner . and rinse with ro/di water . and its clean .

same thing for the cup .