clams

sarah

Hi everyone, just a quick question. I ordered a clam of the internet and they said it would be sent nxt day delivery, well i haven't recived it :( and i was woundering how you could tell if it was dead {god forbid}. All so if it looks ok and you put it in to your tank and it dies what can it do to the tank ect, ect.
I have spoke to Wooddood [Dave] and he said it would be a good idea to start a thread and see what other peoples experices they have had with them if any.

Thanks for reading.

Sarah xxxx

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Personally I would not except the package when it arrives. I would have it returned and ask for a replacement.:)

wooddood

the wood dude
johnny most online vendors always say to never not accept the shipment or they wont cover any dead fish,corals ect. i dont know if this company has that policy or not because sarah said it was a company in the u.k. so i think sarah should get on line again and read thier shipping policies first before not accepting the shipment. just my 2 cents. i myself have never ordered any clams online so i assume the clam will be closed up when it does arrive and i dont know if clams normally stink in shipment or not. i just would hate for her to put a dead clam in her tank and have problems or possibly a tank crash. so i know she needs more experienced clam people to give her some info.

Maxx

Sarah,
I've ordered clams on the 'net but it was from Clamsdirect, (this was before Barry became one of our sponsors) so my experiances w/ the service side of things wont be much help.
Both of my Maxima's arrived healthy, and I immediately began to to slowly acclimate them to my tanks conditions.....took about 3 hours. One clam was open and looking gaping to me, the other was tightly shut, like a pissed off clam which had been stuffed ina plastic bag for the last 12 hours probably would be....:D
They both survived just fine. Although the one which was gaping has since died....:( , that was not related to the shipping. I'm still not real sure what went wrong w/ it, but my tank is having some problems right now...so its tough to say.
I would opt for re-reading the shipping agreement from where you ordered the clam from. If they wont replace any dead critters unless you accept it,then accept it. You cannot miss a dead marine animal....the smell is horrendous!
HTH,
Nick

sarah

Hi everyone this is my new clam it arrvide in good condition and he has opened up lovely.

Sarah xxxx

Witfull

hi sarah, glad everything worked out ok. i got home late in the wee hours of the morning due to overtime at work, and i saw you were well taken care of by these fine folks, so i didnt post at 4am. hes a pretty clam, after a week or so and hes adjusted fullly to the tank post in the vendor experiences area about this shipment.

Dave

sarah

Thanks everyone for all the advice, I thought i would give you a update of the clam he has been in my tank for about 1 week now

he is feeding well and looks like he has grown a little.

Sarah xxx

Sorry for the pic not very good at taking photos.

Craig Manoukian

Sarah,

Very nice looking specimen!:D

Did you place the clam directly on the substrate? Barry N. at ClamsDirect suggest a flat rock or a shell for their foot to rest on. Protects them from a bristle worm attack.