Clams under T5s

tommyboynj

Thinking about getting a derasa. My LFS just got some really nice ones in. Tank is 10 months old. Params are as follows and very stable:

Sg 1.025
Ph 8.1 to 8.3 daily
Calc 430 ppm
Duh 9
Mag 1400 ppm
No3 0 ppm
Po4 0.08 ppm

My lighting is a nova extreme pro 6 x 54w T5 with ATI bulbs (4 blue+, 1 aqua blue spec, 1 purple+). Photo period is 8hrs (8hrs with 3 blue+, 7hrs with all bulbs). Lights are 4in off the water and 22in off the sand.

Livestock is a Marron Clown, 2 Chromis, Hoevens Wrasse, Lyretail Anthias, Lawnmower Blenny, CB Shrimp, mixed snails and hermits.

I'm fairly confident that I can support one but would love to hear from people that are keeping happy clams under T5 lighting etc.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
U will do great. I kept two under less. Get a good flashy one!

I'm Matt n I hate heaters.

tommyboynj

U will do great. I kept two under less. Get a good flashy one!

The ones he has are real nice. Gold with a neon blue rim around the mantle. Going have him hold one for me probably. I'm going back to England in a week for 10 days. Not making any changes to the tank until I return. I've lived over here for 10 years but oh boy I can't wait for a real pint.

dmatt88

Oh dude go nuts. N of course pics r needed. Hint hint.

engineer goby

Let me know how your clam works out I have the same fixture with the same bulbs and was thinking about getting one too.

brandon

I also had a clam under 4 geisseman bulbs with great success. You should have nothing to worry about with 6 bulbs