Clams for Christmas

Witfull

well it seems a miserable week deserves a reward. a friend hit me up on a wonderful gift!! A Clams Direct shipment! one was beautiful Blue Maxima with a dashed pattern and great color.
the other was a gorgeous monster Crocea!! it was listed as 4.5" but is closer to 5.5".
They came in at 10AM very well packed and warm (was around 30 degrees outside). After a careful drip acclimation, they were introduced into the tank with the lights low at around 12N. they opened up almost immediately and appeared very healthy! these pics were taken at appox 5:30PM.

this is the Maxima

Witfull

now the Topper...i just got a call from Barry@clamsDirect. he was checking on the shipment and if i was satified with the quality. Now that is a good businessman!! When im ready for more clams I will go to him and Highy Recommend them to anyone wanting some Great Clams!!!

Gina

RS STAFF
Good looking clams. Great color! Nice to see these guys care about their customers. Need more vendors like them.

Witfull

well, all is well in the garden, despite a minor mishap last night. it seems that the pump on my skimmer decided it was quitting time! im sitting infront of the tank and i hear the pump begin pulsing and stalling....i go under the tank and i see bubbles coming out of it,,,i quickly yank the cord and rip it out of the tank....as i do this stink of burnt plastic fills the room...oh joy i mutter ( not really but you get the idea...lol) everything looks ok, but im still nervous, so, time for an emergency 40 gallon water change. every thing still looks good this AM, so i think i dodged a bullet. Reef Godz were with me! so i must pay homage and go to the Holy Land (LFS) and make an offering (buy new Pump).

Craig Manoukian

Originally posted by Witfull
i must pay homage and go to the Holy Land (LFS) and make an offering (buy new Pump).

Your killin' me, too funny! Glad to hear nothing is too worse for wear, save your pocket book!

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk: