Clam Waiting

PootyTang

Hey,
So I have 2 clams in my 125 right now, a blue crocea and a deresa. I have 4x54W T5HO and they seem to be working fine. The deresa is on the bottom, but the crocea is about 6 inches from the top and looks very nice after about 3 months of being in there (in fact it has more colour now than it did when I bought it). I had planned on putting the crocea in my 30 gallon, right up close to my 2x54W T5 HO, but I was wondering how old my tank should be before I make the switch. Obviously I know the routines and stuff to keep params good, just wondering what advantages there are to waiting longer. I don't mind waiting as long as I have to, I mean the clam's in a good spot already, just wondering when I could safely make the switch.

fivel

I know that i've read on here in a few different threads about 10 months to a year for any anemone or clam in a tank, although I'm far from the expert. I had to reply though because I love your name on here, lol :p

l3fty999

I know that i've read on here in a few different threads about 10 months to a year for any anemone or clam in a tank, although I'm far from the expert. I had to reply though because I love your name on here, lol :p

I agree, do the research, even here in the forums, you will see that you need to wait. And I tell you what, it's worth it!

Take care
Aaron