Choice of two skimmers

Craig Manoukian

As per the skimmer w/sumpless kit option:

"Terminator Skimmer with Sump-less Kit
Assembly required. Requires Mag Drive model 7 or Quiet One 3000 for operation of Terminator; Quiet One 1200, and 1/2" ID flexible tubing for installation of Sump-less Kit. "

Melev

I think it is a strange contraption, and I can't figure out how the skimmate is collected cleanly. It must be the scooped area, right?

Spooda, how are you liking your EV-400? I had the EV-200 for 2 years and loved it. Matter of fact, all my skimmers have been Aqua C for years, until recently when I got the LifeReef Skimmer for my big tank.

I know a friend of mine got Andy from MRC to make a beckett for his Aqua-C after having some issues with it. As you have the Iwaki ... it's not a bad idea.

I've had my PM beckett running for 2 months now ... and super happy with it. I've never had a more tweakable skimmer, nor as powerful of one :)

Spooda420

Originally posted by Melev

Spooda, how are you liking your EV-400? I had the EV-200 for 2 years and loved it. Matter of fact, all my skimmers have been Aqua C for years, until recently when I got the LifeReef Skimmer for my big tank.

I like it does a good job skimming... Sometimes I wish I could have demo-ed the Euroreef and the ev-400 side by side. It produces tea like skimmate but not dark like coffee, that I hear the ER produces. Now I just need to get better lights...story of my life... buy one thing it leads to another buy two things .... well you know the story.

hodgefixer

I run an aqua c on my 75 gal, Have had no problems and love that I dont have to keep puttering with it. It just works