Chillers

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hello everyone,
I have a custom sealife drop in chiller that I used last year on my old 90 gal. The chiller has sat for about a year since i shut down the tanks. Now im back up and running, turned the chiller on, and over night it brought my tank down from 82f to 81f. :/
I set it for 76 but it seems to not be working right. could it have lost its charge? has anyone out there with this chiller had this trouble? It worked great when i had it running a year ago and its just a year and a half old.
Any advice would be welcome!

meandean45

My experience is with refrigerators and AC units, NOT chillers. For what it's worth, it sounds to me like you should consult your' local refigeration repair contractor. It might have just "Lost its' charge", but it'll need repair if it did. Most HVAC guys that I know would try to help you, but most likely you'll need to replace it. Sorry.
Dean

Frankie

RS STAFF
Well i found the trouble with the chiller 2 months ago. It seems it got broken in the line from the move and that why it wouldnt hold a charge. I gave it to my lfs who said they had a guy who could fix it but he failed and it took me two months to get it back. I fixed it myself and its working just fine so far. Im sealing the copper up tonight and will be putting it on the tank in 48 hours. I hope all works out well and im able to finally start slaming the tank with corals. If not, i'll be buying a new one.

Yarr

I will probably end up buying the TECO tc20 chiller heater with UV. Will see how that goes.