Chiller Setup Pics

steved13

PREMIUM
I run the return from the sump through the chiller, Unless you have a sump I don't know if it would do you any good. If it would help, let me know what you would like pics of.

tnwillia

Lots of ways to do it, here is the way I did it with the RSM hood in place....

DSC01642.jpg

reefhusker

No sump here. I think my hose is too small for the accessory kit. And my clamps are too big. I'm frustrated and not sure what I want.

reefhusker

With my chiller i got 1/2" hose to accomodate it. The half inch fits on the maxi-jet 1200 perfectly but I was having trouble getting it to fit the accessory kit which is 5/8. I called marinedepot to see if i got the wrong hose and he said it would be a tight fit but with some hot water it would fit. HA. Not even close. So I need 1/2 to fit on the pump and 5/8 everywhere else. Will 5/8 fit into the chiller?

reefhusker

Thank you Tom! Youve been a great help

I have everything hooked up with some minor mods to hose sizes but I still have a question. In regards to where my return water comes through the accessory kit. Can I extend that inside the chamber to below the water level? Otherwise it sounds like someone is relieving themselves in the next room. :yup: Its a closed circuit so there obviously cant be any damage done by accidental syphoning if something were to go haywire. If this is right then the next step is to plug it in.

tnwillia

Sure, if you want to keep it a closed loop I'd run it at least half way down the chamber. Make sure you are using something... zip ties, cable clamps on all your connections. I'd watch it for a good 15 minutes after turn on looking for little leaks. They will turn into salt creap later if they are very small.

Have fun!

tnwillia

The air in your chiller path will work out over a few days or so. If you had no bubbles prior to the chiller install and it doesn't go away in a couple of days or so look at the connections around the assy kit connectors, I had air leaks there when I used it ( just took a couple added zip ties) Good luck!

reefhusker

I found the source of the microbubbles. The skimmer for some reason is causing them. I cant get good dry bubbles, just wet runny ones. Not sure what would be the reason. No problems with this before adding the chiller tonight.

tnwillia

You may have already done it but if not pull the power section off so you can see the right chamber. Watch it and see if you have microbubbles going out of your chiller return. The flow of that chamber goes right to the skimmer pump. You might still be bleeding air out of the chiller lines. Good luck!