Cherry Pickin some Zoanthids

ScottT1980

I just checked out farms of the sea today, and good lord I wish I still had my tank...

Their website doesn't allow a copy and past function, but here is the url.

Great stuff for the zoanthid lovers...

Take er easy
Scott T.

ScottT1980

I thought this was pretty insane from aquadesignz.com
pzoo3_1.jpg

ScottT1980

I must say though, after my mysterious zoanthid plague, wild caught zoanthids scare the bejuzus out of me...

Hopefully the guys at logicalreef get things up and running within the next month or so.

Take er easy
Scott T.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Wow..those are colored beautifully!!

I hope logicalreef opens back up soon too. I missed visiting them during my last florida trip. Their shop was only about 25 min south of my parents' place.

ScottT1980

Almost every coral I have ever purchased was a frag. For me, the real satisfaction of this hobby is watching a frag grow in an artificial environment. Plus, you save a heck of a lot of money and personally, I tihnk it is less detrimental to the natural reefs (not that I can take the highground, I have purchased a few wild colonies in my life)...

Take er easy
Scott T.

AJinNY

ok, Im a little clueless....these frags...are they attached to a rock? Do I attach them when I get them? If its already attached to a small rock, how would it spread if theres no place to go? Im honestly clueless on this.

Thanks Scott and yes nice pics....I want some frags if I figure out what to do with them.

ScottT1980

Most are attached to rocks. You can put the rock with the frag onto existing liverock and watch the zoanthids grow over other rocks (encrusting, except were are talking about softies). I always just epoxy in the rock with the frags on it or wedge it into a space within my aquascape.

Now, if you are getting frags from friends, then sometimes they will slice off some zoanthids and you will have to attach them to a rock via super glue gel (or you can put them in a tupperware container or something that block flow and allow the zoanthid to naturally adhere to the rock). If you are using the gel, I would go EXTRA light, as I have seen it kill zoanthids (the guys at logical reef can verify).

I will try to dig up a good zoanthid thread...

Take er easy
Scott T.

ScottT1980

Heres a frag that quickly caught my eye at Chad's (reefscience) when I went to visit this past weekend. Neon orange:

DSCF0049.JPG

ScottT1980

More aquadesignz.com zoanthids:

The famous blues:
dzoo14_2.jpg

These are getting pretty common (I used to have one...sigh...):
mzoo24_2.jpg

ScottT1980

Some of logicalreef's old frags:

leepurple.jpg

pinks.jpg

zoochristmas.jpg

mix3.jpg

I think they are almost back in business and currently have some auctions going on ebay. I can't wait, great folks to deal with...

ReefLady

Staff member
Zeppelin said:
Ya, I'm very glad to see Bryan and Lee getting back in business. They got hit pretty hard.....twice. :(

Agreed. Last time I talked to Bryan, the LFS was back to going like gangbusters, which was a sigh of relief for me- would have been a tragedy to lose Logical. He did say they had plans to go back online soon.

:bigbounce

T

RalphP

Hi
I was at TLR , I saw those zoas they have on ebay pictures do not do them justice they have to be seen close up
RalphP