cherry picked efflo/soli

mps9506

Wow, these are gold/green color.
Premium_SPS808.jpg

I hadn't seen any this color before.

mane3215

I love Bytor's from RC, but he told me he lost his =(. He had the most intensely colored efflo I have seen. Incredible!

RandyO

And here she is November 2004. It went through some tough times. It was under bad conditions for almost a year. It was in this 150 gallon for 2 months. It started coloring back up, and growing again. Now it's back in it's old 50 gallon tank, with barely enough light.

EffloNov04.jpg

SueT

Mike, the pic you posted of Tyree's original solitaryensis is the first I ever saw, way back when. Chris Jacobs aka schweb on RC had the most original solitaryensis and is where Tyree got his frag from. Then it grew out into that wonderful pic you posted. He has since lost the colony as well as did Chris. I have a wonderful frag that is from before Chris lost his colony that is growing out. It is quite a nice size now.

Randy, that is an unreal piece you have. Can I ask why you moved it back if it's under less conditions???

mps9506

Yup, that's the frag I'm waiting for. My buddy in town just got his frag. Once it starts growing I'll be getting a frag of the frag. I've only been waiting for 8 months so that ain't too bad :D

RandyO

SueT said:
Randy, that is an unreal piece you have. Can I ask why you moved it back if it's under less conditions???

Sue. Sure you can. The bottom of my 150 gallon reef cracked in half, and drained onto the floor in minutes. I had grown that efflo/soli in the 50 gallon for a few years, and it was time for a new tank. It took a long time to finally get the 150 running. Exaclty a year from when I got the tank. I know, that's real slow. But I wanted to do it right. Only, the tank's bottom was made of 1/2" glass, and the stand myself and a friend built did not support the middle. So, after 2 months of running smoothly, the bottom split, and the coral had to be moved back to it's old home.
This is a sensitve acro, and more than once has it gone through some serious stress. A few times it started to recede from the base, but never got to the surface. While crammed in the 50 for the last year, the growth had stopped, and the color browned out. It was finally happy, growing, and coloring up.

Hopefully, it will be in a new, larger home soon.

SueT

Randy, OMG, that is unbelievable. I would of freaked as I've freaked for way less than a cracked tank. :grr:

I too, have found these corals to be extra sensitive. As in sometimes looking at them wrong can cause trouble. Glad it's always made a comeback for you.

Best wishes on the new tank. :)

mps9506

I would have left the hobby after something like that I think....
Regardless the efflo looks like it isn't going anywhere, if it's gone through that it is with you for the long haul. A little time and love I'm sure it will look the way you want it.