Chemi-Pure

jks1

i have used it in a FO, used to combine it w/ carbon in a trickle filter setup. I was happy with it

MINIATUS

I always keep a bag in my sump. great results with it. Ive used it for years especially in my old DIscus tanks.

MINIATUS:)

BoomerD

Used it for years. Great product. Can't remember what the ion that they add with the carbon is, but if I ever had any complaint about this product, it was that it didn't come in a larger version

RanRoc

Same here...using it for several years now, in combination with Poly-Filter Pads. I change it out every month.
-RY

Flipper

Sturgeon General
I've used it, and been happy with it. The only thing I don't like are the claims on the packaging. I wouldn't trust using it a long as their recommendations.

nigle

Oi!

I am using it, and also have used the 'other' one that sounds like it [but I can't remember the name...........Ah! Bio chem Zorb, I knew if I sat here long enough I would remember. My LFS said I should always have one and it seems not to hurt [who really knows about these things?]

I did ask a supplier once what would happen if I don't rinse it first before I put it in the filter, he said 'nothing much really' so I haven't rinsed them for the last 3 times to [again] no noticable effect.

I never could stand watching the bag 'stuff' deplete by a third when I rinsed it. The supplier said that the 'dust' isn't that harmful and once it stops 'working' it will be coated with ditritus anyway. The dust just seems ... well dusty, but it's the same as the contense of the bag, it's just that it goes through it.

When I put it in I turn off the filter for a few minutes so the bag can wet, after I turn on the filter there is a 'bit' of a cloud, but nothing more than adding water into the filter and watching the 'gunk' flow out.

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

decrypter

I don't know about not rinsing it.... coating your corals with carbon ???? I've always figured better safe than sorry 10.00 bag of filter media's dust vs thousands of dollars in reef life i choose to send the dust down the drain but im paranoid i even go so far as to rinse mine with RODI water :) But I think the product is great I've been using it for about a year replaced 4 times. I do however highly doubt that there claims about not needing to do water changes are true. i've stuck to my normal routine on that.

I know im replying to messages from 2003 but i already wrote the reply before i bothered to read the dates and its only 7 years ago so if anyone is reading this have a laugh on me or at me whichever you prefer.

degibson84

oh and i would recommend rinsing with RO/DI water first as it has alot of dust in it. if you rinse with RO/DI you aren't losing any of the affects of it since the water is pretty much purified already and it shouldn't have anything that needs filtered out