Check It Out! Aqua Scaping With Racks

David Shaw

Looks great!

If you spot a worm or a crab in one of the rocks though, how do you remove the rock to flush the critter ?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Well all my rock is here around 400lbs and there are no pest to speak of. At any rate there is always hitchhikers, personally I like crabs and bristle worms as for the others I'll just have to get creative and use patients, I have never had to disassemble a pile to get to a pest they eventually come out to play. :)

My main concern is the zip ties failing but I only used them on rocks that wouldn't hurt anything if they did fall.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
One stack finished.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTMtMjAxMDA1MDMtMTMyN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTItMjAxMDA1MDMtMTMyN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTEtMjAxMDA1MDMtMTMyN.jpg

tnwillia

Eric, do you have any holes drilled in the PVC? I think I read last year about people having problems with PVC stands and air trapped in the PVC. Have fun!

essmaker

PREMIUM
That looks fantastic! I wish I had the size of tank where I could get creative like that.

Can't you hurry up though. I'm anxious to see the tank put together. :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Thanks, you don't need a big tank to get creative, this could be done in a 10 gallon.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Thanks, I'll start another one today or tomorrow.

I want to try and blend the two together, this one will be on the left end of the tank with the ledge angled towards the front panel, then the next stack will taper down towards the right end of the tank.

We'll see how it goes, I may tare it down and start all over. :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Here's a re stack of the first pile and a second pile blended in, this should make it easier to move them into the tank, I also did away with most of the zip ties.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTYtMjAxMDA1MDUtMTUzO.jpg

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Here's the stack extended, this is 3 stacks so it's easy to move into the tank.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTgtMjAxMDA1MDUtMTkzN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTctMjAxMDA1MDUtMTkzN.jpg

1Reefer

Looks good! How's it look if you move those 2 chunks out of the "V" in between stack 2 and 3? It would almost make two pillars wouldn't it?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Thanks! I should be paid for this lol it's a lot of work and frustration trying to get it just right, a lot of trial and error more than anything.

1Reefer it would look like 3 columns but it just doesn't flow :) I will add/remove rocks once I get these stacks in the tank.