Charlie97L's 90 Gallon Reef

Charlie97L

Well guys, I thought I'd start a new thread to denote the new era of reef goodness that has popped up in my house.

find all the goodness of this tank's predecessor in my old chronicle thread... here: (from the beginning)

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/11835-charlie97ls-mixed-reef-tank-58g.html

Specs
90 Gallon Perfecto Corner MegaFlow
Perfecto Stand and Custom open top canopy
33 Long Sump with custom Lexan baffles
Deltec AP600 Protein Skimmer
2x250w Metal Halides (XM 10ks in the mail. XM15K and Backup bulb in pics)
2x110w VHO Super Actinics (not wired up yet)
Mag 7 Return Pump
Eheim 1262 Pump on a closed loop to a WavySea (mounted on center brace, 360 degree alternating rotation)
2x Ocean Flo MaxiJet1200 Kits

Current Fish:
Kole Tang
Yellow Tang
Purple Firefish
Scooter Blenny

Current Coral colonies:
Fiji Leather
Colt/Sinularia
Open Brain
Gorgonian Fan
Long GSP
Pink Toadstool
Blue Digitata
Weird Multi Monitpora
Peach Monti
Green/Pink Poci
Yellow/Green Poci
Blue/Purple/Green Acro
Frogspawn
Galaxia
Fungia
Yellow Scroll
Blastos, Micro, Acans
Yumas, Mushrooms, Floridas

Current Inverts
1 4.5" Crocea
1 cleaner shrimp
1 Linckia Sea Star (blue)
Snails/Hermits (hermits are slowly coming out, Witty.)

Charlie97L

Pics will be in the 3rd reply!! this is what i'll be adding in the future.

Fish to be added:
5 anthias (species tbd, either bartletts or lyretails)
mated pair of scott's fairy wrasses
green clown goby (getting him wednesday)
mated pair of cleaner gobies (on backorder, and then QT, so they'll be a while)

Inverts to be added:
1 cleaner shrimp
2-3 clams

Coral:
Well, i'm thinking of moving my leathers to the 20g that's finally up and cycling, and doing that as a leather, gorgonian, and zoanthid tank. if that happens, i will move all my sps frags to the 90 to let them grow out, and tear down the frag tank for now, and the 90 will become SPS, LPS, Rics, and mushrooms only, for the time being, while I wait for zoanthids to grow out.

Charlie97L

here are the pics!!!

1) acan/blasto/scroll/micro shot. all of the hacked mouths have grown back on the acans and micro, and there are new mouths on the blastos! that's under the crappy backup bulb i have so everything looks a little yellow.

2) deltec. mm.

3) the huge 10" digi (?) colony i got from a local breaking down his tank.

4) my buddy chris from our local club who helped me big time changing over my tank. couldn't have happened without him.

5) the brains of the operation (thank god, because i've got none left).
note, the pH probe is not in place, thus the erroneous reading of 6.09. Don't freak.

Attachments

• acanblastomirco.jpg
    acanblastomirco.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 85
  • bigboy.jpg
    bigboy.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 85
  • bigdigi.jpg
    bigdigi.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 83
  • chris.jpg
    chris.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 83
  • controls.jpg
    controls.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 79

Charlie97L

1) full tank shot. wooo!! i hate that red wall.

2) the cpr hang on fuge that forced me to modify my canopy design, and wavy sea. look at that surface agitation!! :)

3) in progress on the swap from the 58.

4) a lime colored poci that i got from the same local guy as the digi. i don't think it liked something in his tank, but it's already colored way up in mine.

5) the amazingly cool acro i got from the same local guy... he was breaking down a 180. heh. those bottom branches are very blue... dang white balance.

Attachments

• fts.jpg
    fts.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 80
  • fugewavy.jpg
    fugewavy.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 78
  • inprogress.jpg
    inprogress.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 79
  • limonpoci.jpg
    limonpoci.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 79
  • newacro.jpg
    newacro.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 79

Charlie97L

1) my new encrusting monti. from the local guy... he called it supergirl monit, but i don't see it, other than the blue. haha.

2) peach monti from the LFS

3) my fave green/pink poci that's grown well for me.

4) yum. love the deltec. NOG.

Attachments

• newmonti.jpg
    newmonti.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 79
  • peachmonti.jpg
    peachmonti.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 78
  • poci.jpg
    poci.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 79
  • yum.jpg
    yum.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 79

Charlie97L

1 & 2 ... sump pics.

3 & 4, big tank shots.

Attachments

• sump1.jpg
    sump1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 79
  • sump2.jpg
    sump2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 79
  • tankleft.jpg
    tankleft.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 79
  • tankright.jpg
    tankright.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 78

Charlie97L

This week, my 10Ks should be here, i figured out how to mount my vhos so they won't be permanently in my way, doing that tonight, then setting up the Ocean Flos, grabbing some more live rock, putting in the sand, and saturday is aquascaping day!! :)

And, if i'm lucky, also ATO day and DJ Power Strip day. :)

Current Issues, in closing...

Dealing with chemical warefare... solution... may remove leathers to 20g nano.
Tank has 1/4" lean to the front... solution... drain partway during water change and shim. (i'm waiting 2 weeks total to see how it settles)
OceanFlos are too much for softies... solution... good aquascaping to shield sensitive coral.

I ended up losing 1 milli colony, a few snails, and my blue lipped squammy clam. he got stung by my frogspawn, and i think the stress caused him to just give up. :(

Charlie97L

thanks! it was stressful getting everything moved over... and i might still lose the gorgonian fan. but i'm glad it's done and working. now i just need to work out the kinks.

billyr98

great work Charlie.. Glad you are fighting throw the tough times in moving stuff... I wanna break down my 210g and reaquascape, but i keep getting scared... reading other stories makes me want to do it again...

Charlie97L

haha get your FO tank goin, then you can reaquascape.

i got a new acro last night from the LFS. woo. :) light green with blue tips. pics tonight!

Charlie97L

here you go billy. random pic of my pink toadstool... fully recovered from all the crap i put it through with 3 powerheads falling on it.

i also picked up a green clown goby with red stripes... he's in a fry net box, he's going to go in the 20g that's being set up this weekend for softies. if i let him loose in the 90, i'll never get him out.

Attachments

• toadstool.jpg
    toadstool.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 27

Charlie97L

1) green with purple tips acro... got it from the *cough* not so stellar lfs about 30 mins after they unloaded it. :) i tried to fix the picture, it's not washed out at all in real life. tips are bright purple. i need a better camera!!

2) lord of the ring zoas. hawt. got these from the same local guy who got my my dragon eyes.

3) orange monti small colony. already whorling. about 4"... it's towards the back, so i couldn't get a better pic. same local guy.

4) pink with blue tips acro i got tonight when i got the green clown goby. purty. pic doesn't do it justice, again, lot brighter in person.

5) green bali slimer frag. see now why they call it a "slimer" freebie from the same local guy. i also got a big frag of pulsing sinularia from him for the frag tank. woo.

Attachments

• greenpurpleacro.jpg
    greenpurpleacro.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 27
  • lotrzoas.jpg
    lotrzoas.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 27
  • orangemonti.jpg
    orangemonti.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 26
  • pinkbluetipsacro.jpg
    pinkbluetipsacro.jpg