Chalice Coral Trying To Split??

fishguy4

Ok so i bought this AWESOME steel blue colored chalice from my lfs. it came from an 8 inch long peice. my piece is bout 3 in by 3.5 in. When the guy at the lfs fragged my piece, it sort of cracked down the middle of the piece. He had said that it might try to grow over it or that if it didnt i could split it again myself. Now the flesh on the edge of the crack has pushed over and there is a visible crack on the surface. I am not sure if it is like trying to split itself but i feel like maybe i should take it out and finish the cut. I would post pics but i dont have my camera with me :waa: So is that the way to go?

By the way i have it laying on the sand at the moment. Thanks for any help!

Doogle

It wouldn't hurt having two smaller chalices I suppose. Mine is on sand too. Hard to say without a pic but I say go with your gut on this one.

fishguy4

ya thats what i was thinking. It really looks like it wants to split, plus the skeleton has already been semi cracked...

reeferman

yep,split it because the skeleton will probably not fuse back together.just slice it with a razor blade if the skeleton is already broke.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looks like a Hollywood stunner. Break or not break I think it'll b just fine.

....... I'm Matt n im a reefaholic.