Centropyge multifasciatus

Phreek

Can anyone tell me more about their care? I've been reading, but as usual in this hobby there are vast amounts of contradicting information. I understand they are considered expert only, and that they are notoriously hard to care for. This does not discourage me. I need to know what depth they are collected from. Their agression/assertiveness, their reef compatability (and not the general with caution bs). Also a little about their general behavior.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
These fish have a difficult adjusting to captivity especially bright lit tanks and also have a difficult time adjusting to prepared foods. They are usually found on reef slopes/overhangs 20m and greater with lush sponge growth leading many to believe that sponges make up part of their diet and could explain why they have a difficult time adjusting.

Also out of all the Centropyge sp. this is one of the worst as far as keeping them in a reef, they seem to love Open Brains in particular . There's very few cases of long term success with this sp. but we have a member of our staff that has kept one for at least a couple of years his name is witfull and I would send him a PM.