caught a monster

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
ok hello all i havent been on here in a couple of days but i just thought id let everyone know that i caught the pesky crab thats been terrorizing my tank...FINNALLY!! lets get the booze and the beer cause im celebrating..i am soooo happy to finnaly rid my tank of this demon

can someone tell me what he is??? hes pretty big I think i could get a bit of meat outta those arms..can i cook em?? or would he not be right to eat??
crab007.jpg

crab005.jpg

i just went puchased anew cleaning crew 2 queens,i mexican and 10 turbos
that should get everything underwraps as far as the algae...now i can get on with my life

lcstorc

I agree that he looks like an emerald, but they seem to like candy cane as well. At least mine did. Now he is off to a good home in a fowlr.

Charlie97L

i dont think that's a true emerald, or at least, we can't tell unless we get a pic of the claw joints, which will have some red on them if it is the algae eating one.

gosh, once they get that big tho, watch out!!

don't eat him, zigz. :whstlr:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Ben you been roiding again? that thing is huge! good riddence to bad rubbish, is that the last one? Steve

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Definately NOT an emerald crab. Any crab with hairy legs and/or black tipped claws will eat anything. Congrats on removing it from your reef!!

lcstorc

Hmm. Guess mine was not an emerald then. He had very hairy legs. The one thing I do know for sure is within 24hrs of removing him from my system my candy cane started to revive. I think I lost 2 heads, but even they may come back and I have at least 7 heads that are improving rapidly.

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
YES thanks everyone..i actually went out and celebrated last night i was sooo happy..i do believe it was the last one ..i'll have a heartatackkk if there's another...

i dont thinkhe is an emerald i do have an emerald in my other tank and he is not a nusance...i did let em go i had no other option i didnt want to see his face again before i smooshed it!

you cant tell but when i put him next to that full sized lighter he was actually bigger...he was so big he was moving good sized rocks around... my boiling point yesterday was he was trying to get a ricc rock for the fourth time this week ,and finnally moved the rock far. He picked one off...so i picked him off..i ended up taking the whole tank aart..sucks but i got em