Carpet Anemone

chrism

I thought you all might like to see this latest photo of my beautiful green Carpet Anemone (Stichodactyla Haddoni) which is home to my breeding pair of clowns (only female showing on this pic).
I've had the anemone now for 2 years and it is doing very well so far.
Hope you all like the pic.

Attachments

• 002.2.jpg
    002.2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 83

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Very Nice!

I used to have one that was 20" across, I should have never sold it. I put it on ebay with a buy it now of $200 it sold in 6 minutes to a guy in FL. I lost contact with him but last I seen it was doing great!

That is very nice carpet and I think it looks a lot better than the one recently posted for sale. ;) I wish I could afford a red one :) just gorgeous anemones but $500.00 wow :)

Thanks for sharing.

chrism

Thanks for the kind responses.
The Anemone is about 12" across but's always shaped in folds so it's quite dissicult to say with any real accuracy.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Has yours eaten any of your fish? Mine ate a 7" porcupine puffer lol I honestly didn't realise it at first I though the puffer had died in the rocks and I just couldn't find it, a couple days later the carpet relieved it self and you could see the spines and skin were all that was left. Nasty I know but amazing at the same time.

chrism

Hi Eric
No, as far as I'm aware it's not eaten anything that it shouldn't, the female clownfish usually keeps all other tank occupants at bay (she's very feisty with anything that gets close)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
That's good to know, I didn't have a clown at the time, since you mentioned it I did add a clown after the fact and had no more troubles with it eating fish.

The puffer was put in there temporaly cause I was having troubles with another tank. It may have been better of it the other tank but I honestly never thought that thing would eat a puffer. I am still shocked years later.