Carpet Anemone eating Clownfish???

ads16v

So I've had my tank running about 9-10 months, due to financial issues it was just a tank of live sand and rocks for much of this time, however it meant that i had well matured setup, I finally got my first fish (pair of common clowns) they were swimming around happily and feeding well, two days later ones gone!!!! Had a chat with LFS and we agreed it was prob the reef lobster, so I fed him a bit more and more meaty stuff to distract him as I introduced a replacement clown, two days later I'm down to one clown again!!!!! Decided it was time for the lobster to go, so took my whole reef apart to catch the b*****d and took him to LFS for rehoming, whilst there I picked up another replacement clown, 5 days later and I've only got 1 clown again!!!!!!!! There is very little in my tank so a short list of suspects, I have a true emerald crab, a mithrax crab, a hermit crab, 5 nitrous snails, a few soft corals and a carpet anemone, all of which came with my live rock from a 10 year old system. My LFS assured me that the nem wouldn't touch clowns but could well eat other fish if they were small enough, is this accurate? I can't see that anything else would be killing my fish.

melgrj7

Are you feeding the nem? I could see it eating a clown if it was hungry enough, the one we have at work eats a piece of krill or sillverside every other day. I was away for a week and no one fed it and it the clown goby that was in the tank =/